Kinsley Meetings is a full-service meeting management organization with a primary concentration in management of conferences and tradeshows for both corporate and association clients. We are a woman-owned business with 14 full-time employees and contract employees. Our headquarters is in Littleton, CO, with additional offices in Savannah, GA, and outside of Seattle, WA. Kinsley Meetings partners with both corporations and professional associations and provides a variety of services including:
- Site Selection and Hotel Contracting
- Attendee Management
- Budgeting / Financial Management
- Event Logistics
- Exhibit / Sponsorship Development
- Meeting Design
- Onsite Management
Meeting Architect – We consider ourselves Meeting Architects in that we not only plan meetings, but intentionally develop the foundation on which content is presented. A Meeting Architect combines strategic and tactical knowledge and capabilities in the meetings field with creativity, curiosity, and the ability to identify and transfer best practices from one project to another.
This position manages the planning and execution of successful and profitable meeting programs while maintaining a high level of customer service to both internal team members and external clients.
- Strategic planning, including: Objective setting and measurement, timeline development & management, budget development & management, contract negotiations, vendor management, marketing planning, sponsorship development / fulfillment, exhibit design & management, special event management, logistics, onsite management (including Kinsley staff, volunteers and vendors) , reconciliation, and post-event reporting.
- Act as main liaison to clients.
- Identify and evaluate the requirements and goals of client’s program (tradeshows, incentive, user conferences, sales and training meetings, etc.).
- Develop an overall strategy and outline the action items required to accomplish the client’s goals and objectives. Disseminate tasks to supporting staff as necessary.
- Act as a gate keeper, influencer and consultant to ensure that client’s objectives are communicated and met throughout the entire planning process.
- Follow-up with clients on a routine basis to ensure satisfaction with services.
- Create and manage program budgets, identify cost savings, negotiate vendor contracts and reconcile expenses to achieve optimum results with budget parameters.
- Work in a team environment and collaborative with other co-workers. Participate as team member for meetings as required.
Supervising and Mentoring Staff
- Meet regularly with the team to discuss, update and execute action items.
- Mentor coordinators to enhance knowledge and skill sets.
- Participate in the development of operating goals, objectives and marketing ideas for the company; recommend, help implement and help administer methods and procedures to enhance these goals and objectives.
- Assist owners in creating a fun and productive team environment.
- Be a strong, active and engaged member of industry organizations, including volunteer involvement on committees and boards
- Develop external relationships to further knowledge of future business opportunities.
- Work toward industry certifications as appropriate.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Industry certification (CMP, CEM, CMM) preferred
- Minimum of 2 years meetings management experience
- Demonstration of team management preferred
- Demonstration of budget management mandatory
- Demonstration of software proficiency preferred, including general (Microsoft Office suite, web design) and industry-related software (registration management, exhibit management, speaker management, sourcing)
This position reports to the Vice President, Meeting Architecture
- Majority of work performed in a general office environment. Position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours.
- Travel – overnight travel is required. Occasional international travel may be necessary.